2017 was a great year for the ‘Sue and Dwight’ music empire 😉 I use the term ‘empire’ loosely, of course, but think it nicely describes the diversification of activities we’ve added over the past few years.
Here it is in a nutshell…
(Stories about many of these events can be found in the News section)
Sue and Dwight
- Winterfolk 2017 including a Canada 150 Celebration with Kim Doolittle, Tom Leighton and Conrad Kipping
- Guinness World Record event in Stouffville
- 120 Diner - Sue and Dwight Series with Kevin Quain on piano and bass
- Several performances at Barbara Hall Park - Church and Wellesley Music In The Park Series
- Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan Tribute Shows at the Myles Nadal Community Centre and 120 Diner
- Singing in Arlene Bishop's Vorchestra; including CD Launch at Hugh’s Room Live
- Canada Day: Singing in the courtyard with the residents at PAL and performing at the St. Lawrence community party at St James Park
- Performing for a dozen senior's residences and organization in the GTA
- We were honoured to be invited to sing at a memorial service for a gentleman from PAL who came out to many of our shows over the years
- Radio and podcast interviews - Jim Marino’s CFMU Freewheelin’ Folk Show, Marc Merilainen’s Podcast, Heather Fielding’s Acoustic Workshop
- Ontario mini tour with shows in Hamilton, Belleville, Glenn Williams, and Queenston
- Winnipeg - three show homestand at the Strong Badger Coffeehouse
- We were thrilled to be part of a top notch roster of bands invited to perform at Fred's (a wonderful supporter of live music in Toronto) Birthday Party
- Private parties and events that were tons of fun
- Two new original songs written and performed - ‘Good Morning’ and ‘When They Came For The Others’
- Recorded ‘When They Came For The Others’ and received many airplays from wonderful folk music DJs in Canada and the US
- Continued busking in the TTC
Where Have All the Folk Songs Gone?
(Check our folk show blogspot for stories about many of these events)
- Music Niagara Show at the Simcoe Park Bandshell in Niagara on the Lake
- OWN Coop 20th Anniversary Party
- Har Zion Annual Fundraiser
- Retired Women Teacher's of Ontario Scarborough Annual Luncheon
- Roncy Rocks Street Festival
- Free Times Cafe monthly shows plus a NYE double header! New Year's Eve Re-Cap
- Artword Artbar Series, Hamilton
- SMILE Theatre Cabaret Program - 16 shows across SW Ontario and one in Winnipeg!
There it is, except for one more very important highlight…
- All the wonderful music lovers who came out to all these shows. Our tally of attendees tells us they numbered in the thousands (over 4000 actually)! Thank you to all of them.